How to fix AOL Gold download error / AOL Error code 104
The new AOL Desktop Gold browser allows users to explore the different features and services available on AOL, using just this one platform. From checking and responding to emails to surfing the web for the latest news stories, AOL Desktop Gold Download has it all. AOL regularly updates its Desktop Gold browser to give users a smooth and secure browsing. AOL Desktop Gold as an automatic update feature that ensures you get the latest version of the software whenever you log in to your account. However, sometimes there may be certain technical errors that can prevent AOL Desktop Gold from installing the necessary updates. AOL Error Code 104 indicates that the software encountered a problem and could not be installed or updated properly. Before you call the AOL customer care number, you should try and locate the cause of the error first so that you can implement the correct troubleshooting steps. The most probable cause behind AOL Error Code 104 is the fact that your system hard drive is cluttered with a lot of unwanted or unnecessary data. You can refer to the steps given below to clear your computer and optimize your PC so that you can fix AOL Error Code 104:
- Step 1: Open your internet browser and go to the general internet settings.
- Step 2: Select all the checkboxes next to history, temporary files, and so on.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Delete’ option and wait for the browser to clear the data.
- Step 4: Open the start menu and enter the word ‘Command’ in the search box.
- Step 5: Use the keys on your keyboard and press and hold ‘Ctrl + Shift.’
- Step 6: A command prompt will open i.e., black window with blinking cursor
- Step 7: Type the following in the prompt and press ‘Enter’: ‘cleanmgr.’
- Step 8: You can proceed once the Disk Cleanup utility tool opens.
- Step 9: Choose all the categories you want to clear by marking the appropriate checkboxes and then click ‘Ok.’
The Disk Clean-up utility will check your hard drive and remove all the junk files from your computer. Performing a disk cleanup helps to free up some space on the internal memory of your system so that your computer runs faster. You must keep in mind that the step to use the Disk Cleanup tool may differ based on the operating system you are using. If you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above you can call the AOL customer care phone number and ask for additional technical assistance. The helpline number is available 24 hours a day, and you will be able to reach out to trained software technicians who can answer any doubts you may have regarding AOL Desktop Gold.
And, If you still having Any Problems on AOL Desktop Gold Error 104 Than Conatct on our Tollfree number +1-855-212-5748.
Fix Aol Desktop Gold sign in Problems
Are you constantly annoyed with the AOL Desktop Gold problems such as login issues, the desktop icon gone missing or not responding or AOL mail sign in problems. If yes, then what were you waiting for? Read this blog till the end and get to know about the best solution possible. Here you will get the answerrs for the cause when the AOL Desktop Software starts to encounter login/sign in issues.You can also take the help from AOL Desktop Gold customer support if you wish for and have a word with the certified techies on the other side of the call.
Whenever you login with your credentials to AOL Desktop Gold and if there is any error, you can
- See the messages such as ‘Blerk’, GAH or ZOIDS
- When you type your username or password, you get welcomed by a blank screen
- Sign-in screen goes on missing
There can be various reasons for the desktop software to be facing with login issues. A few of them include internet connectivity snags, not entering the correct login details, system settings or server issues. The clients need to look for the one which is a reason behind the trouble and then work on according to that.
Here, you are provided with the basic troubleshooting steps in order to fix the sign in problem
- First of all, you must delete all the browser’s and internet cache, cookies and history of the system
- Then to troubleshoot the advanced settings, you can disable the firewall settings or update the web browser.
- To get rid of the glitch ‘GAH’, you are supposed to enable the Java Applets
- Also check if the system is connected to the internet and the Wi-Fi says ‘Connected’. If not, then troubleshoot the internet connectivity errors or can connect another W-Fi option available.
- If you find that the AOL sign in screen is missing, the best way to fix this issue is to reset the web settings..
- You can also allow friendly URLs to avoid the blank screen error, adjust the web settings or enable the Java scripting.
- The users can restart the system in order to clear the RAM and this must be done atleast once in a week.
If the sign in troubles do not get resolved, then may be the last option that is available for you that you can try on your own manually is uninstalling the application and then install AOL Desktop Gold in the operating system again. Hope this will resolve your error.
You need not worry, if you are not a technical geek and do not understand some of the steps mentioned above as the technical experts at AOL Desktop Gold customer support stays in service 24*7 and can be approached at toll- free number. You can expect zero waiting time and the easy and reliable solutions for the queries that you are facing.
How to Recover Aol Password?
AOL mail is protected by the security option and can only be accessed when the user enters their valid credentials. Whenever you create an account with AOL, the username and password are used for AOL emails as well. The password is case sensitive and must be entered correctly in the case for a successful login. Many time, the users who access AOL mail on their personal device save the user Id and password information. In this case, the users do not usually come across the troubles with the password provided they haven’t changed the password. But for those who do not save the password information and have to input it every time they can come across the dilemma where they are not able to remember it. Nowadays, people have accounts in more than one email account, and usually, they have different passwords for each, so forgetting it can be quite common. You can easily reset the AOL password by following the password reset procedure or get in direct contact with AOL customer support. There are three different ways via which you can reset the password, and they are security question, phone number or email address
The steps to recover the AOL password
At the time of account creation, you must have answered a security question or registered your secondary email address or personal phone number. Now this will help to recover the password. Don’t worry, if you haven’t applied for all the options. Even one will suffice as these are totally different procedures.
Step 1 – Resetting the password using security question-
- Open Google Chrome and in the search bar type AOL mail sign in.
- Once the sign in page opens, enter your user ID and then tap on ‘Forgot password.’
- From the given options available on how to reset the password, choose the option of ‘Security Question’
- You will get the security question that you had selected while creating the account.
- From the given options available, choose the answer.
- You can now create a new password and submit the password again in order to save it for future use.
Step 2- Resetting the password via a secondary email address
This can only be done if you had provided for a secondary email address while creating an account. If not, then you can skip this step.
- Open the web browser that you generally use and search for aol mail.com
- In the sign in page, enter the username and click on ‘Forgot password.’
- Choose the option of resetting the password via email address.
- Enter the email ID that you had registered. Make sure it is active
- You will receive a link and a code at the ID, and the subject name would be password reset.
- Open the link and enter the code in the space provided.
- You can now create a new password and make sure you remember it.
Step 3- Resetting the password via the phone number
If you have entered your 10 digit phone number while creating an account, then you can follow these steps
- Steps 1-3 remain the same
- You have to select the option of ‘phone number’ to reset the password
- Enter it in the desired field
- You will receive a code at the number
- Enter the code at the space where you are resetting the password and follow the instructions that lie ahead
Don’t worry, if you haven’t registered the email ID or phone number and have also forgotten the security question. The technical experts at AOL customer care number will be readily available for your help at all times.