AOL Desktop Gold is an improved version of the classic and much loved AOL Desktop. The desktop comes with an enhanced look that artistically combines the old look and feel of AOL with modern features. There are several revamped tools that make the user interface of AOL Desktop easy to navigate. The software is designed in such a way that even first-time users will find it easy to transition from the old to the new after they download AOL Desktop Gold. The desktop stands out because it allows you to explore the world of AOL on one platform. You can log in to your AOL email account, surf the web, read the new, listen to music and stream your favorite T.V shows using AOL Desktop Gold. If you are an AOL Advantage Plan member, you can get AOL Desktop Gold for free since it comes included with your membership. Even if you are a little skeptical, you can call the AOL Desktop Gold support number and speak to a certified expert to learn more about the desktop and what you need in order to download a trial version of AOL Desktop Gold. Before you download and install AOL Desktop Gold, you need to make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements necessary to run the desktop.
Since AOL Desktop Gold was designed to give users a fast and secure browsing experience AOL has added many new features to the desktop. Here’s a look at some of the amazing features users can enjoy when they download AOL Desktop Gold:
- AOL Desktop Gold has a simplified installation process meant to save time
- Users can personalize their emails using different fonts, text size, and color
- You can navigate the web faster by saving your websites to ‘Favorites.’
- The premium security features on AOL Desktop Gold ensures safe browsing
- You can import and export personal data and access it from another PC
- AOL Desktop Gold uses anti-keylogging technology to protect your data
- Advanced anti-phishing software blocks harmful content on your computer
- You can easily protect all your online transactions through AOL Gold
- Automatic updates ensure you get the latest version every time you log in
The features listed above are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the benefits of AOL Desktop Gold. If you are still not sure about the software, you can call the AOL Desktop Gold support number and have a word with a certified software expert to know more about the incredible features of AOL Desktop Gold and how they benefit you.
Even though AOL Desktop Gold has so many fantastic features, with regular software updates, the software is not immune to the occasional technical error that can frustrate users. Since many people use the internet for business, even a minor error in AOL Desktop Gold can be a cause for concern since it could affect your work. Here are some of the more common errors you can expect while using AOL Desktop Gold:
- After users install AOL Desktop Gold, the system tends to become very slow and is often unresponsive.
- It can happen that when you begin using AOL Desktop Gold, your computer takes a lot more time to start up.
- The AOL email icon, located on the desktop screen, sometimes disappears without warning making it difficult to open the desktop.
- The automatic feature does not always work, and you may end up using an old version of AOL Desktop Gold without knowing it.
- AOL Desktop blocks website and does not allow users to download new content, even if the source is known.
- The software may sometimes freeze and prevent users from sending or receiving emails from their AOL email account.
- You may find it challenging to create new emails or attach files to email while using AOL Desktop Gold.
- AOL Desktop Gold users keep getting prompts to update Microsoft .NET Framework to 4.5.2.
- ‘Favorite Places’ are missing because AOL Desktop Gold cannot sync data between AOL Desktop client and AOL server.
- Errors while attempting to import and export emails and user data from the old version of AOL Desktop to newly installed AOL Desktop Gold
If you are an AOL Desktop Gold user, you have no doubt encountered at least one of these errors at some point or another. While it’s true that most of these errors can be solved through some basic troubleshooting steps, it is also likely that you will need more advanced solutions if the error keeps reappearing. Hence, whether it is a minor software error or a serious security breach you can always call the AOL Desktop Gold support number and ask for technical assistance from an expert.
The steps to download AOL Desktop Gold depends on the type of AOL membership or subscription you have. You can refer to the instructions given below to download and install AOL Desktop Gold in Windows:
- Advantage Plan Member: You can download AOL Desktop Gold directly from the ‘My Benefits’ page since the software is included in your membership itself.
- AOL Desktop Gold Trial: If you want a trial version or if you have a subscription you need to sign in to your account and go to ‘My Services’ to download AOL Gold.
- AOL Sign up Email: If you signed up for AOL Desktop Gold via email, you could use the download link mentioned in the confirmation email to download the software.
If you have any trouble download the software, you can call the AOL Desktop Gold support number and ask for additional help.
If you want to download and install AOL Desktop Gold on your computer you need to make sure your system has the requirements listed below:
- At least 512 MB free space on the hard drive
- Minimum 1GB Random-access memory
- Updated web browser and fast net connection
- 266 MHz (or faster) computer processor
- Screen resolution of 1024x768 or higher
If your computer has the necessary system requirements but you still cannot install AOL Gold you can contact AOL Desktop Gold support and fix the issue.
The AOL Desktop Gold icon is meant to make it easy for you to access the browser whenever you need it. If you notice that the icon is suddenly missing you can follow the steps below to restore the missing AOL Desktop Gold icon:
- Step 1: Click the expand icon in the taskbar
- Step 2: Right-click the AOL Gold icon
- Step 3: Select the option to create a new shortcut
- Step 4: Go to the desktop and check if the AOL Gold icon is visible.
You can follow the steps given below to import mail, usernames, and passwords from older installations of Desktop Gold using the Import Wizard:
- Step 1: Sign in to AOL Desktop Gold and go to the File menu
- Step 2: Select ‘Import Wizard’ and press ‘OK’ to begin importing your data
- Step 3: When the confirmation windows opens, press ‘OK’ and complete the process
If you cannot import your data or if you find that some data is missing you can call the AOL Desktop Gold support number and speak to a certified expert to troubleshoot the problem.